Henry was awarded an Academic Scholarship to the University of Warwick in 2009 and completed his MChem degree there in 2013, graduating with an upper second class degree. He has spent three years in the Birmingham University Officer’s Training Corps. He was also president of the University of Warwick Triathlon Club in 2011. Henry is currently in the final year of his PhD in the MAS CDT.
Henry’s research involves the preparation and investigation of highly engineered mesoporous silica nanoparticles (MSNs) with precision engineered surfaces for use as positive MRI contrast agents and is also developing targeted agents. He is co-supervised by Prof. Charles Hutchinson, and regularly visits University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire and Rugby’s St. Cross Hospital to analyse his samples using clinical MRI.
Prizes, Awards, Bursaries
Henry received a distinction for the Masters year of the Molecular Analytical Science Centre for Doctoral Training (MAS CDT) in 2015.
Presentations, Posters and Conferences
- 13th Materials Chemistry Conference (MC-13), Liverpool, 10-13th July 2017
- European Nanomedicine Conference, London, 3rd April 2017
- British Society for Nanomedicine 2nd Annual Conference, Swansea, May 2016
- Molecular Imaging 2016 Meeting at University Hospital Coventry and Warwishire, 15th July 2016
- MAS CDT Annual Conference, Lake District, May 2016
- Postgraduate symposium 2018, University of Warwick
- ACS National Conference 2018, New Orleans, Louisiana
- MAS CDT Annual Conference 2017, Wales
- MAS CDT Annual Conference 2016, Lake District
- Midlands Young Research Meeting on Nanomaterials 2015